Time: 8 a.m PT
Duration: 45 minutes
Telcos are developing the next-generation of Ethernet and IP services based on SDN, NFV and Cloud infrastructure to increase service agility and reduce costs. However, traditional hardware-based testing and visibility solutions are incapable of providing the required level of visibility when utilizing virtual network functions (VNFs). Since NFV-based network services are updated in real-time, the test solution should allow updating test functions in real-time. Thus, there is a rising need for a new breed of testing and visibility solutions for NFV networks to address these requirements.
In this regard, the ETSI MANO architecture has been standardizing test functions as virtual test agents (VTAs), to facilitate complete testing and visibility of NFV networks.
This webinar will highlight the role of VTAs in service activation testing and assurance in ETSI MANO architecture and cover some of the key considerations for VTAs to provide end-to-end service assurance.
What will be covered in this webinar
- Need for virtual test agent (test function as VNF) in NFV-based networks.
- ETSI MANO definitions and key considerations for virtual test agents.
- Veryx SAMTEST NFV solution for service assurance and diagnostics.
Who should attend?
- Network Architecture teams and teams currently involved in proof-of-concepts of NFV-based architecture from Telecom Service Provider organizations.
- Network Engineering teams exploring virtualized testing and visibility tools.
- Service Activation teams and Network operations teams involved in ensuring SLAs on NFV deployments.
- Application providers and System integrators exploring NFV ecosystem.
- Engineering teams of Equipment vendors who are developing network platforms supporting virtualization and third party virtual applications.