Network Dimensioning, Scalability Testing and Validation of Ethernet/ IP Services
Telco network planning and design teams typically need to perform the following tasks as part of their validation process.
- Validation of service design
- Network dimensioning
- Network benchmarking and scalability testing
SAMTEST has been designed keeping these tasks in view and delivers substantial reduction in time and effort in performing these tasks with ease, for Cloud and Data Center Interconnect, Business Services, Mobile Fronthaul/Backhaul (4G and 5G), Wholesale etc. SAMTEST enables telcos to thoroughly test the equipment and networks to ensure that there are no surprises in the field.
SAMTEST supports a full range of automated test libraries for:
- IP and Carrier Ethernet and testing based on ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC 2544 methodologies
- MEF 3.0 and CE 2.0 Carrier Ethernet testing for comprehensive service verification including service attributes and bandwidth profile (as per MEF 10.3) and SLAs.
- TCP benchmarking (RFC 6349), UDP benchmarking
- HTTP, VoIP and video on demand (VoD) testing
SAMTEST delivers very compelling benefits
- Reduces testing time and effort by automated testing by up to 80%
- Provides device independent and in-depth validation compared to NIDs
- Exhaustive testing with detailed auto-diagnostics
- ROI of under 4 months
Figure 1: Benchmarking for Ethernet services
Figure 2: Benchmarking for 4G wireless front-haul